NJWMA offers 401(k) Plan as Member Benefit
The New Jersey Warehouseman & Movers Association is pleased to announce a new member benefit; one that can help licensed mover members and their employees plan for retirement. With Transamerica Retirement Solutions, we proudly offer members access to a 401(k) employer plan! Transamerica services more than $152 billion in plan assets for over 25,000 plans, including more than 260 multiple employer plans with over 10,200 adopting employers.
- By adopting the NJWMA Retirement Plan, movers and their employees and even 1099 contractors will have access to many new and enhanced retirement plan features, such as:
- Plan design flexibility: a custom retirement plan can be developed to fit your employee demographics and unique business needs.
- Robust selection of investment choices: the fund lineup includes investments and target date solutions from prominent management companies such as American Funds, Fidelity, RidgeWorth, and Janus to name a few.2
- Reduced retirement plan administration: NJWMA has arranged for a Third Party Administrator, TAG Resources, and Transamerica to provide a significant amount of the retirement plan administration, leaving you free to operate your business.
- Reduced costs: NJWMA has negotiated a volume discount for our members. Your business can potentially realize reduced expenses for retirement plan audits, plan testing, annual reporting, document preparation, and participant statement costs.
- Reduced liability: the majority of tasks that are TYPICALLY the responsibility of an employer will be handled on your behalf.
- Online account management: employees can manage their accounts, perform transactions, view account balances, change deferral percentages, check fund performance, and more — all online.
- Participant education support: you will also have access to a wide array of award-winning3 tools and resources to enroll and educate your employees and participants. Fully licensed financial advisors are available to NJWMA members to guide them through the program.
The New Jersey Warehouseman & Movers Association is dedicated to meeting the ever-changing needs of our members and aims to offer you access to the most competitive programs, products, and services available in the marketplace today. We encourage you to review and adopt our NJWMA Retirement Plan. Find details in the Members Only section of our website
Use These Questions to Make an “Apples to Apples” Comparison of the Companies You Talk to About Your Move
- How long have you been in business?
- Will you provide me with your required federal USDOT and Motor Carrier (MC) numbers, as well as your required Public Mover license to perform moves within New Jersey?
- Do you have testimonials from satisfied clients?
- Do you only use trained professionals instead of casual labor?
- Will your company actually perform the move or will it be performed by another moving company?
- Is your company an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating?
- Do you maintain all the required insurance including Workers Compensation insurance?
- Are you an active member of the American Moving & Storage Association and the New Jersey Warehousemen and Movers Association, and do you follow their Code of Ethics?
- Are you a Pro-Mover awarded by the American Moving & Storage Association, or earned a similar award or recognition?
- Are all of your employees subjected to a pre-employment screening including criminal background checks?
- Will you provide a detailed, written estimate for the work specified?
- Do you require a deposit?