Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions. To read the answers, simply click on the “+” sign.
What can change the price of my move?
Movers are allowed to change price if any circumstances change that was not written in the original estimate. Moving includes normal delivery with one-time placement of furniture. Additional charges may be incurred if unanticipated problems arise during your move, especially if known problems were not written on your estimate, such as hoisting or flights of stairs.
These are some of the common reasons that cause increased cost:
- You did not complete your packing, or added packing that’s not on the estimate.
- Your destination involves an elevator, long carry or flights of stairs.
- You have added or changed items to be moved, changed dates or add an extra stop.
- Rearranging furniture or re-stacking items in a storage area, basement, attic or garage.
- Delays beyond the mover’s control; such as waiting time for your closing, or traffic jams.
How will I be charged for packing?
How do I pay for my move?
What is not covered for damage?
- Documents, currency, jewelry, precious stones, furs, items of sentimental value, electronic data, and articles of extraordinary value.
- Loss or damage due to breakage of china, glassware or other fragile items, unless packed and unpacked by the mover and documented on delivery,
- Damage caused by items packed by the consumer.
- Mechanical operating condition of televisions, appliances, computers and electronics.
- Missing items not inventoried at origin and documented as missing on delivery.
- Items previously broken, repaired, glued or too weak or unstable to move.
- Damages not documented at the time of delivery.